The Company undertook a range of measures in 2011 to increase the reliability of power supplies, including:
- improving the equipment repair and maintenance policy;
- implementing a large-scale repair and investment program;
- optimizing the operational and technological management structure;
- bringing the firebreaks of overhead power transmission lines into compliance with the regulations of the Electrical Installation Code “EIC. Seventh Edition.”
- introducing lean production methods.
These measures made it possible to reduce the number of technological disruptions by 12% compared to 2010. The average time required to restore power supplies within the Company’s zone of responsibility fell 23% to 3.38 hours in 2011 compared to 2010, including 0.81 hours in Moscow.
As regards promising areas that aim to improve the reliability of power supplies, the Company is planning to implement the following measures in 2012 and subsequent years:
- the development and implementation of a program to renovate equipment whose service life has expired;
- increasing the number of remotely operated substations;
- increasing the number of power transmission cable lines and overhead lines with the use of SIC;
- increasing the proportion of unattended equipment;
- introducing an automated network management complex;
- increasing the share of diagnostics in the repair fund.
In order to improve the quality of customer service, the Company in 2011 developed a plan of measures to bring the customer service system into compliance with the requirements of the JSC “MOESK” standard “Centralized Customer Service System.” The main measures contained in this plan are:
the establishment of a centralized customer service system and the organization
of business processes for onsite and offsite interaction with clients,
- territorial accessibility and comfortable conditions for onsite service through the optimal arrangement of infrastructure components for onsite service and a reduction in the time required for onsite customer service at JSC “MOESK” client offices to 40 minutes, including wait time, as well as professional service;
- the availability and responsiveness of offsite and interactive services from JSC “MOESK” by organizing round-the-clock offsite service and reducing the wait time for a call center operator to 40 seconds, the wait time for the call center operator to search for information to 45 seconds, and the response time to 3.5 minutes, as well as convenient, high-speed, ergonomic and user-friendly interactive service;
- the transparency of business processes involving customer service through their optimization, regulation and automation.
- achieving the quality parameters established by the procedural guidelines for calculating the reliability level and quality of products supplied and services rendered for organization that manages the unified national (all-Russian) power grid as well as regional grid organizations.
« THE AVERAGE TIME REQUIRED TO RESTORE POWER SUPPLIES WITHIN THE COMPANY’S ZONE OF RESPONSIBILITY FELL 23% TO 3.38 HOURS IN 2011 COMPARED TO 2010, INCLUDING 0.81 HOURS IN MOSCOW »
In order to increase the transparency of information on the availability of power grid infrastructure and improve customer service, the Company developed and launched an Internet portal for connection to the power grids of Moscow.
The Internet portal for grid connections provides consumers with detailed information about the procedure and potential connection locations on a map and allow them to calculate their power requirements, electronically submit an application for grid connection, and follow the processing of the application in real time.